Saturday, February 18, 2012

Enjoy the show

Movies have been part of my life since ... birth?  I can't know that for sure, but as long as I can remember, I have lived at the movies.  For a while, I was lucky enough to get paid for writing about them, in my "past life" as a newspaper reporter; when the resident film critic would go on vacation or just have too much to do, I got to fill in.  That part of my life is over now, but writing has always been part of me, too.  So it makes sense to combine these two passions, to write about what I see -- whether in the theater (still the best way, and my favorite, to see a movie), on DVD or Blu-Ray, or just from my memory.  My hope: That my writing will help you, too, to discover new films, to rediscover old ones, to relive your own moments watching shadows and light move on a screen.

Although I live in L.A., and make my living as part of the overall entertainment industry, I am and always will be in awe of the movies -- I am, and always will be, one of those people Norma Desmond widened her eyes and paid homage to in "Sunset Boulvard" ... one of those wonderful people, out there in the dark.

Here, you'll get my thoughts on films I've recently seen, and movies I can't forget.  I hope you'll share your own thoughts, too.  Because no matter what life throws at you, the best way to get through it -- good or bad -- is to follow the advice of the ticket taker at your local movie house and just ...

Enjoy the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment